As you know or may have heard the cadet program is taking an aggressive posture to allow for the limited spread of the coronavirus and to promote the positive health of our cadets.
Below is the message from formation cancelling all cadet activities for the three weeks. This includes all weekend activities, team practices and LHQ events. Administration that is required is still to be conducted but from an at home posture.
More information to come as it becomes available.
Questions are to be directed to Capt Khan, Z the Commanding Officer 525
CADET PROGRAM CANCELLATION (3 WEEKS)
Refs: A. CATO 14-06 Training or Recreational Trips
B. CANFORGEN 039/20
C. 3350-Op LASER 20-01
D. CANCDTGEN 010/20
1. In response to developments in the outbreak of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Natl CJCR Sp Gp has CANCELLED ALL CADET ACTIVITIES, including local training, for three weeks effective immediately. Prior to Friday, April 03, 2020, further direction will be provided, including the potential for this cancellation to be extended.
2. The National Cadet and Junior Canadian Rangers Support Group (Natl CJCR Sp Gp) has been directed to adopt an aggressive posture to minimize personnel risk of exposure and to prevent the CAF and cadets from becoming a transmission vector. As such, CANCDTGEN 010/20 was released on March 12, 2020 issuing amplifying direction related to the execution of Cadet and Junior Canadian Ranger (JCR) activities, and preventative measures to better protect CAF members, cadets and JCRs and their families from COVID-19.
3. The safety and welfare of all who participate in our programs is always our top priority, as such we take very seriously our responsibility to protect cadets from any real or apparent health or safety concern.
4. The Natl CJCR Sp Gp is collaborating with Department of National Defence and CAF as well as with other federal departments in order to maintain proper situational awareness on the COVID-19 situation in Canada and globally to synchronize interdepartmental response under the lead of Health Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada. As a result, the situation is continuously being monitored and decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
5. All available and updated information for the Natl CJCR Sp Gp response to COVID-19 can be found on the CCO net at: http://collaboration.cco.nat/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx, DWAN: https://collab.cadets.gc.ca/sites/NAT/SitePages/covid19.aspx